FENAEIC - The National Federation of Innovative Business Groups and Clusters
FENAEIC is the Spanish Federation of AEIs and Clusters. "AEI" is the acronym of "Agrupación Empresarial Innovadora” (Innovative Business Groups), the name given by the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness to the clusters that meet the criteria established by their registration and therefore registered as such. You can get complete information about them at the web address http://clusters.ipyme.org/
Spain also has other real clusters, sometimes recognized by their regions of origin and perhaps not registered as AEIs due to differences in priority and / or criteria. We also integrate those clusters in our federation.
Clusters.es is the Brand name of FENAEIC.
Spanish clusters play a key role in the progress of innovation among the country's companies, especially among SMEs.
Clusters.es promotes and organizes collaboration between companies through clusters and other innovative agents, regionally, nationally and internationally.
Clusters.es was born in March 2009, with the following aims:
- Promote cooperation among companies, research centers, associations, AEIs, clusters, federations and other related entities.
- Act as a Spanish reference in the field of clusters and AEIs, as well as interlocutor with public administrations.
- Coordinate the activities of the Federation and its clusters, ensuring compliance with the obligations imposed by current legislation and its statutes.
- Organize conferences, trainings, seminars and other events for both partners and other entities.
The internationalization of Spanish clusters and their members is one of the main focuses of the Federation, having signed some collaboration agreements with other cluster networks, as for example with France Clusters.
Clusters.es is an organizational member of TCI Network. Antonio Novo, president of Clusters.es, co-led with Vincent Dugré from Canada the TCI’s Learning Group "Smart digital Ecosystems Through Clusters".
Antonio Novo is also a member of the European Cluster Excellence Consortium (ECEC).
Clusters.es is organized as a confederation, where some regions (Asturias, Aragon, Cataluña, Navarra ...) have their own federation, while others have integrated clusters directly at the national level.
Our geographical distribution is:
We have 60 associates, distributed in terms of sectors as follows:
Regarding types of partners, this is the resulting chart:
Our steering committee is composed of:
- President Antonio Novo, cluster IDiA (Aragón)
- Vicepresident 1 Tomas Iriondo, GAIA (País Vasco)
- Vicepresident 2 Alberto Cominges, CEAGA (Galicia)
- Secretary Manuel Pérez, Tecnara (Aragón)
- Treasurer Juan Carlos Aguilera, FAEN (Asturias)
- Vocal Antonio Alcántara, OnGranada (Andalucía)
- Vocal Gema Sanz, Madrid Network (Madrid)
- Vocal Mar Herrero, Functional Print (Navarra)
- Vocal Silvia López, Avebiom (Castilla y León)
- Vocal Xavier Amores, CWP (Cataluña)
Short name FENAEIC
Complete name Federación Nacional de Agrupaciones Empresariales y Clusters
Address Calle Eduardo Ibarra 6
President Antonio Novo Guerrero
Administrative contact: email@example.com