The German programme "Go-Cluster" - Successful clusters through excellent management
“go-cluster” is the cluster excellence initiative of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy.
Germany needs efficient, regional clusters. Companies and research institutions cooperating in the longterm benefit from each other’s strengths and competencies.
Together they transform innovative ideas into marketable solutions and services. Cluster management organisations support these innovation processes and offer additional services in such areas as internationalisation or training.
The “go-cluster” programme brings together Germany’s most productive and effective innovation clusters and cluster management organisations. These innovation clusters have excellent, efficient structures and support cluster players according to their needs in various fields of activity. The innovation clusters participating in the “go-cluster” programme are vanguards for innovation and reflect Germany’s high level of competence in many sectors and fields of technology.
Key points and features of “go-cluster”
“go-cluster” offers needs-oriented services to all target groups: cluster managers, cluster players or representatives from government, science and business.
The objective is to:
- support the transformation of the most efficient national innovation clusters into international clusters of excellence
- promote new cluster services to stimulate cluster managers to offer new services
- increase international visibility of participating innovation clusters
- analyse trends of international cluster policy to work out recommendations for the German perspective
The “go-cluster” programme provides advisory and other services to assist innovation clusters as they develop into excellent international organisations. It therefore also supports innovative cluster services such as cross-cluster concepts and strengthens the networking of innovation clusters at European and international level.
Becoming a member of “go-cluster”
In principle, each innovation cluster from Germany can become actively involved in the “go-cluster” programme. Admission to a innovation cluster depends on the fulfilment of excellence criteria in the areas Structure of the cluster and Composition of the Cluster Participants, Cluster Management and Governance, Activities and Cooperation as well as Visibility and Impact.
Advantages of the “go-cluster” programme
A “go-cluster” membership offers many advantages to innovation clusters, their players and cluster-supporting partners. These advantages include:
- The programme certifies the individual innovation clusters‘ quality and productivity on the basis of standardised evaluation criteria that are based on European quality standards.
- Participating clusters can use the “go-cluster” word mark and logo as a quality label.
- The programme covers the cost for the European benchmarking and certification for the Bronze and Silver Labels of the European Cluster Excellence Initiative.
- The innovation clusters are showcased on the Federal Government’s “Clusterplattform Deutschland” Internet platform.
- Customised consultancy services are provided regarding issues such as strategy refinement, financing, the progressive development of service portfolios, and the sustainability and stability of cluster structures.
- Seminars are conducted on current cluster management issues and cluster tools.
- Cluster work and selected innovation success stories are presented to the public via various channels (events, newsletters, Internet portals).
- Clusters are incorporated into and given increased visibility in economic policy initiatives sponsored by the Federal Government.
- Networking activities with the most productive innovation clusters from Germany and Europe.
The “Clusterplattform Deutschland”
The Clusterplattform Deutschland is the joint information portal of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. You will find, in a clear and compact form, an overview of cluster-related activities at federal, state and EU level at www.clusterplattform.de. The diversity of Germany’s cluster landscape is also presented with the help of a search tool with a variety of search categories.
The “go-cluster” programme is managed by VDI/VDE Innovation + Technik GmbH. Do you have any questions or are you interested in further information? Please contact us.
VDI/VDE Innovation + Technik GmbH
Hotline: 0049 30 310078-387
E-Mail: [email protected]