- To foster partnership building and high-level trans-national cooperation and coordination between cross-sectoral research-driven clusters and member SMEs as well as mutual learning between regional actors;
- To identify common trans-national thematic priorities at the water-energy Nexus and conduct a complementarity, compatibility and readiness check of participating entities to produce an integrated view of the Nexus and a Europe-wide hub for innovation;
- To identify market trends, competing clusters and relative positioning of partnership clusters and regions and elements that could improve the coordination and cooperation of the partnership regions and SMEs;
- To develop and implement a solutions-need analysis and common strategies and solutions at the European level to increase visibility of SMEs in the international market and to boost economic competitiveness;
- To launch initiatives to support the creation of international networks with the objective of improving coordination and cooperation in the project domain, identifying new opportunities for RD&I projects and partnerships, as well as services that could support the delivery of these new innovation initiatives;
- To disseminate knowledge and information about the ESCP and the project, promoting its own brand in water-energy Nexus products and services.
|Target Group||Type||Estimated Date||Country||City|
Online Energy-Water SME database - Energy-Water SME database will be developed showing where (and when) ‘energy-water’ interactions and market opportunities will emerge, it will be populated with information from cluster and regional entities. Clusters and SMEs outside of the ESCP will also be invited to upload their details to the database, it will be launched in July 2016.
SWOT analysis - A cross-regional comparative and SWOT analysis will be developed from the results of the online Energy-Water SME database and will be launched in March 2017.
Market screening - A continually updated wiki-style library of Solutions Needs Analysis will be developed and shared online via the ESCP website in March 2017.
International trade mission - An international trade mission to a strategic THIRD country will be arranged on behalf of the ESCP in June 2017.
Challenge response workshops - Interactive workshops designed to scope potential challenges at the water-energy Nexus and co-create solutions with the involvement of SMEs, universities etc. will be hosted in July 2016 and December 2016.
International dialogue and business brokerage event - This event will international dialogue and cooperative activities for the responsible development and use of emerging technologies across the Energy-Water Nexus. Invited experts will gain up-to-date and topical insight and practical examples of challenges and opportunities, it will be hosted in October 2017.
International cooperation agreements - International cooperation agreement signed by all members of the ESCP and a strategic THIRD country.
Online Energy-Water SME database - Min. 175 unique entities surveyed and registered on project website (visible on online conceptual model)
SWOT analysis - 1 cross-regional comparative analysis
Market screening - 4 Solutions Needs Analysis reports addressing different thematic priorities and geographies
International trade mission - 1 international trade mission (with at least 10 meetings with organisations in selected THIRD countries.
Challenge response workshops - 2 interactive challenge response workshops (with at least 15 attendees), each addressing 3 identified water-energy Nexus challenges and producing co-creation solutions.
International dialogue and business brokerage event - 1 end-project event with dedicated business network event (at least 100 attendees).
International cooperation agreements - Min. 2 signed international cooperation agreements
|Name||Sector/Technology fields||Country||Regions||Total no. of members||Total no. of SME|
Environmental Services, Water Transportation
Drinking Water, Industrial Water Treatment
Energy production & distribution:›Power generation / renewable sources, Water supply, sewerage, waste management & remediation activities›Sewerage
|Stichting Water Alliance||
Environmental Services, Food Processing and Manufacturing
Industrial Water Treatment, Municipal Water Treatment
Manufacturing & Industry›Biotechnology, Water supply, sewerage, waste management & remediation activities›Waste collection, treatment&disposal activities, materials recovery & remediation activities
Blue Growth Industries, Digital Industries
Environmental Services, Information Technology and Analytical Instruments
Industrial Water Treatment, Municipal Water Treatment
Information & Communication Technologies (ICT)›Information service activities, Sustainable innovation›Sustainable agriculture
Business Services, Construction Products and Services
Clean Production / Green Technologies, Environmental Engineering / Technology
Sustainable innovation›Eco-innovations, Sustainable innovation›Resource efficiency
|France||Nord - Pas-de-Calais||150||100|
|The Water Cluster (Anglia Ruskin University and Opportunity Peterborough)||
Hydrology, Water in Buildings
Sustainable innovation›Resource efficiency, Sustainable innovation›Sustainable land & water use
|United Kingdom||East Anglia||78||51|
Recycling, Recovery, Wastewater Recycling
Sustainable innovation›Eco-innovations, Sustainable innovation›Waste management
Blue Growth Industries, Environmental Industries
Electric Power Generation and Transmission, Environmental Services
Energy management, Photovoltaics
Digital Agenda›Cleaner environment & efficient energy networks (e.g. smart grids), Energy production & distribution:›Power generation / renewable sources
Energy management, Recycling, Recovery
Sustainable innovation›Resource efficiency, Sustainable innovation›Waste management
Environmental Industries, Mobility Technologies