EU4FOOD partnership aims at targeting a growing market area at the intersection between Food, bio/circular economy and pharma sector. The partnership intends to establish a long term strategy within the cluster members in order to: contribute to the emergence of new value chain bringing together raw materials producers, the food industry, biotech & innovative SMEs; focus particularly on supporting SMEs of the food, biotech and nutri-health sector; offer innovative solutions to the challenges related to food quality, safety and Bioeconomy.
The collaboration to be developed through EU4FOOD thus aims at building up a long lasting partnership based on a common strategy among member clusters; marketing the products, services and expertise of the member clusters, and of their companies and laboratories; building relevant co-operation and partnerships with leading actors of the targeted countries.
The previous classification, although correct, is just a part of EU4FOOD thematic focus.
The partnership as a whole can address a full range of sectors from traditional agrifood through precision farming, biomedicine, e-health to bioeconomy.
Bioeconomy is the main sector that will be explored and fostered through EU4FOOD activities
Not yet available
- Increased intensity of member clusters collaborations trough new solutions brought in the innovation chain for food, health & wellbeing.
- Diversification of markets and clients of the companies of the member clusters and growth of exports of products and services.
- Increased licensing of technologies.
- Increased turnover of laboratories and consultancies through selling R&D and expertise.
- Increased knowledge and reputation of the member clusters in the targeted markets and worldwide, for each of them and jointly as a consortium - Increase the level of visibility in the Foreign Target Countries for Cluster members
- Recognition of the brand created and increased visibility of clusters member in the targeted countries, by addressing large markets.
- Creation of new highly qualified jobs in the member clusters, through collaborative projects among cluster SMEs.
- Improved smart specialisation in relation to the fields addressed in the regions covered by the clusters member and effective support to smart specialisation strategies (S3) through common top research clusters projects.
|Name||Sector/Technology fields||Country||Regions||Total no. of members||Total no. of SME|
Diagnostics, Diagnosis, Medical Technology / Biomedical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Products / Drugs
Digital Agenda›e-Health (e.g. healthy ageing), Human health & social work activities:›Human health activities (medical services), Public health and security›Public health and well-being
Bio-pharmaceuticals, Digital Industries, Medical Devices
|Asociación de Investigación de Industrias Cárnicas del Principado de Asturias (ASINCAR)||
Education and Knowledge Creation, Food Processing and Manufacturing
Food Microbiology / Toxicology / Quality Control, Traceability of food, Food Processing
KETS›Industrial biotechnology, Manufacturing & Industry›Food, beverage & tobacco products, Public health and security›Food security & safety
Advanced Packaging, Bio-pharmaceuticals
|Spain||Principado de Asturias||80||80|
|Food-Processing Initiative e.V.||
Food Processing and Manufacturing
Traceability of food, Food Processing, Process optimisation, waste heat utilisation
Manufacturing & Industry›Food, beverage & tobacco products, Public health and security›Food security & safety, Sustainable innovation›Resource efficiency
|PharmAgora Quality of Life Cluster||
Appliances, Business Services, Food Processing and Manufacturing
Food Additives/Ingredients/Functional Food, Health information management, Diagnostics, Diagnosis
Manufacturing & Industry›Food, beverage & tobacco products, Public health and security›Public health and well-being, Services›Scientific research & development
|Asociación Clúster Alimentario de Galicia||
Food Processing and Manufacturing
Food Additives/Ingredients/Functional Food, Food Processing, Food Technology
Manufacturing & Industry›Food, beverage & tobacco products, Sustainable innovation›Sustainable production & consumption
Advanced Packaging, Blue Growth Industries, Logistical Services
|Cluster biotecnològic i biomèdic de les Illes Balears||
Biochemistry / Biophysics, Clinical Research, Trials, Pharmaceutical Products / Drugs
Blue growth›Aquaculture, Blue growth›Marine biotechnology, Manufacturing & Industry›Biotechnology
Blue Growth Industries
|CAT.AL, High Technology Agrifood Lombardy Cluster (Parco Tecnologico Padano)||
Agricultural Inputs and Services, Biopharmaceuticals, Food Processing and Manufacturing
Manufacturing & Industry›Biotechnology, Public health and security›Food security & safety, Sustainable innovation›Sustainable agriculture