Cybersecurity: our digital anchor - a European perspective
- Aug 14, 2020
- Lee Gibson
The spread of digital technologies is contributing to improve the well-being of modern society.
They allow us to do things that were unthinkable 10 years ago. They give us the access to an enormous amount of knowledge.
However, they can also make us more vulnerable. Cyber attacks can shock our society. One attack can destroy your livelihood (e.g. identity theft). It can instantly affect millions of people (e.g. shutting down a power plant).
To defend our digitalised society requires a completely different, systemic approach to cybersecurity.
The report 'Cybersecurity, our digital anchor' looks at a new 'life-style of resilience' to the cyber threats.
We all need to do our part for cybersecurity.
The key findings from the report are:
- Cybersecurity is no longer a technological ‘option’, but a societal need.
- Cybersecurity needs to be set up from the start of any new digital service.
- Cybersecurity needs a collective effort. We should all be equipped to do our part.
- Cybersecurity requires coherent and coordinated cyber secure policies by design.
- Cybersecurity is a pillar of the European sovereignty for the future.
Find out more and download the report here.