CECIL - Cluster Excellence for Creative Industries Leadership
|Organisation name||Function||Country||Website link||ECCP link||Is Cluster Organisation ?|
MADRID ICT-AUDIOVISUAL CLUSTER
MAZOVIA ICT CLUSTER - STOWARZYSZENIE ROZWOJU SPOLECZNO-GOSPODARCZEGO WIEDZA
DANMARKS TEKNISKE UNIVERSITET – DANISH SOUND
IRISH SOFTWARE ASSOCIATION - IBEC LIMITED (IRISH BUSINESS AND EMPLOYERS CONFEDERATION)
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen cluster management excellence, and hence, top professional cluster services in the partner regions of the consortium for the Digital Creative Industries, where the role of clusters is particularly relevant as drivers of innovation and competitiveness.
In order to achieve this, CECIL pursues the following specific objectives:
- To identify strengths and weaknesses for the development of a concrete roadmap towards cluster excellence.
- To train consortium partners for top quality cluster management, improve their management capacities and abilities to solve cluster resource-efficiency issues.
- To improve the knowledge that cluster managers have about their committed cluster participants and the market they operate in, and adapt their cluster strategies and services accordingly.
- To include in the cluster strategies lessons learnt from the cluster excellence process, adapting these to the idiosyncrasies of the respective environments, and as a consequence, set up a systematic review and fine-tuning of cluster strategies, at least, on a yearly basis.
- To set up an exchange of know-how and best practices via benchmarking and study visits and make it conducive to a systematic dynamic of knowledge exchange among ICT/Cultural and creative industries (CCI) cluster partners.
- To help raise awareness among other clusters and business networks, with whom cluster partners usually collaborate, about the benefits of cluster excellence and, through mentoring, help them initiate their way towards cluster excellence. CECIL will capitalize on the NEM platform (New European Media, http://nem-initiative.org/) where the cluster partners already cooperate, and will use this platform, together with the European platform for cluster collaboration (ECCP), as the basis for this exchange.
- The cluster excellence process carried out by the cluster partners will have a measurable impact on their ecosystems of SME in terms of: access to finance, internationalization, collaborative and creative projects, IPR, new business opportunities, support for innovation and technology transfer (focusing on Key Enabling Technologies for the Digital Creative Industries).
Sectoral/industrial focus: Convergence of Digital Technologies and Creative Industries
CECIL consortium unites 5 European clusters to drive cluster excellence and provide top professional support services in the digital cultural and creative industries (CCI) sector (ICT for CCI). The consortium is integrated by clusters with different levels of expertise (without ESCA label, with bronze and with gold label) which provides a solid and dynamic internal structure for peer-to-peer learning that will be enriched with strong activities for international exchange of experiences. All participants will take part in the benchmarking activity, increase their level of expertise in theoretical and practical training activities and integrate the lessons learnt into their clusters’ strategies. The consortium will analyse the currently provided services to design new ones that better adjust to the committed participants’ needs and/or upgrade current services. A study visit will provide the necessary practical insight. A targeted mentoring activity will be carried out to encourage clusters to engage in cluster excellence activities and help them to prepare for this path. Additional dissemination activities will raise awareness of the benefits of investing in cluster excellence activities among the own clusters’ committed participants, to other clusters, European networks and regional/national and European policy makers. The consortium envisages concrete follow-up activities, such as the creation of the first European Strategic Cluster Partnership (ESCP) on digital cultural and creative industries.
|Exchange of benchmarking and success stories||5 clusters / 10 success stories (at least 2 per cluster)|
|Enlarge NEM Club of Clusters||22 members|
|European Strategic Cluster Partnership||1 ESCP for Digital Creative Industries created|
|Cluster managers trained||5 managers|
|Training weeks||5.5 weeks|
|SMEs participate or benefit from EU projects||5 projects (1 per partner)|
|Cluster services improved||15 need-oriented services (at least 3 per partner)|
|Transfer of project results at NEM Summit||22 clusters informed / 30 participants|
|Improve SMEs satisfaction||40% of SMEs|
Events organized by the project
|Meetings for dissemination||10 meetings (2 per partner)|
|Knowledge transfer to policy makers||10 meetings (2 per partner)|
|International dissemination event||60 participants (at NEM Summit)|