20th European Forum on Eco-innovation: Grow Circular! Financing SME Eco-innovation
The transition to a new, circular and sustainable way of doing business needs to happen on the ground. Eco-innovative entrepreneurs know that environmental protection makes business sense and understand how being innovative today will help them grow sustainably in the long term. Turning environmental challenges into business opportunities will help deliver a resource-efficient, green and competitive low-carbon EU economy.
This year's edition of the Forum will focus on financing opportunities for eco-innovative SMEs, examining financing opportunities for eco-innovative SMEs and will showcase successful companies who have succeeded in attracting investors and growing their business. The programme includes a business-to-business matchmaking session as well as the award ceremony of the European Business Awards for the Environment. It will explore the enabling factors and challenges of transitioning to a circular business model and will address these through the lens of business, finance and public sector.
The Forum will also provide an opportunity for participants from across Europe to:
- participate in a business-to-investors matchmaking session (this event will bring together the most promising companies, active in several Eco-innovation sectors, and "cleantech" investors in bilateral meetings);
- learn about the innovative technologies with performance claims verified by the Environmental Technology Verification (ETV);
- discover the best performing eco-innovative companies showcasing their environmental and business accomplishments at the European Business Awards for the Environment Ceremony;
- find out about successful eco-innovative projects funded under different EU funding programmes and financial instruments; and
- take part in site visits to eco-innovative companies who have successfully turned investments into circular business models.
This event is jointly organised by the European Commission’s Directorate General for Environment and the Ministry of the Environment of the Republic of Estonia.
More information is available here.
Content available soon