BIOTECH CLUSTER SME MISSION
BIOTECH CLUSTER SME MISSION
Next Biotech Cluster/SME Support Mission to Japan for EU Clusters and SMEs
Mission dates: 10 - 14 October 2016 / Applications deadline: 09 June 2016
The mission lasts 5 days and is composed of market-specific business seminars, group company visits, one-on-one meetings at a targeted trade fair with showcaseing and networking events to maximize opportunities for the EU participants. In addition, the mission will provide EU clusters the opportunity to benchmark with Japanese clusters during a dedicated session. The mission targeting the Biotechnology sector is organised on the fringes of “BioJapan” Expo in Yokohama (http://www.ics-expo.jp/biojapan).
This mission will facilitate the first contact that could be the key to new business opportunities.
- Gain knowledge about market structure, sector analysis, Japanese business culture and policy etc
- Identify relevant key contacts (decision makers, R&D centres, potential business partners etc)
- Establish relationships with potential partners (trade and technology)
- Benefit from face-to-face meetings leading to possible business opportunities
This initiative contributes to organising specific match-making events to support cluster organisations and their SME members in their efforts to develop partnerships and business cooperation on global markets.
This action facilitates the internationalisation of European SMEs involved in these match-making events and allows them to access overseas markets and in establishing technological or business partnerships and therefore increasing their innovation capacity and making them more competitive on the global scale. These events also contributes to preparing the ground for practical cluster cooperation across borders and making a more strategic use of transnational cluster cooperation on markets outside Europe in areas of strategic interest.
The EU-Japan Centre will cover:
- tuition-related costs (speakers fees, rental room fee, etc…);
- transfers during group company visits;
- trade fair registration, EU delegation booth rental & full arrangements, including poster printing service to give companies / organisations more visibility
- access to the partnering system;
- interpretation during B2B meetings and simultaneous interpretation during individual presentation at the fair
Costs to be covered by all participants:
Travel costs to/from Japan, transfers from / to the airports, accommodation (hotels will be recommended by the EU-Japan Centre) and any other costs not covered directly by the EU-Japan Centre.
SMEs and Clusters:
For the purpose of this proceeding,
- SMEs are companies meeting the standard European Commission criteria for an SME,
- Clusters are those who are members of the European Cluster Collaboration Platform.
No participation fee:
Participants from SMEs and clusters can apply for a EUR 600 grant towards their living expenses.
All participants from SMEs and Clusters must pay a (refundable) deposit of €1,000 to guarantee the place on the course. The deposit will be refunded within 8 weeks after the course, provided that the participant attends the entire course and submits any and all reports the Centre asks him/her to make. Interest payment is excluded.
Participants' companies/organisations must pay a (non-refundable) contribution of €1,000 towards the costs incurred by the EU-Japan Centre in relation to the company's participation.
More info on: http://www.eu-japan.eu/events/biotech-cluster-sme-mission
For any other queries and application process, feel free to contact Diane Lula: [email protected]
Application deadline: Thursday, 9 June 2016
Content available soon