EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation Webinar 156: The Japanese Meat Market
Today, the domestic production of meat can only meet about half of Japan’s demand and the shortfall is made up of imports. Changing lifestyles have been driving a shift towards more consumption of meat. For many years, the main exporters have been the U.S. and Australia. In recent years, exports from other nations including the EU are growing as a result of conclusion of free trade agreements as well as increasing Japanese demand for unique meat products. In 2019, for example, although from a low level, imports of beef from the EU increased more than fivefold over 2018.
The webinar is targeted to EU companies seeking to learn more about the specificities of the Japanese meat market.
Registration deadline: 22/06/2020
In 40 minutes from your desk, discover:
- What the characteristics of the Japanese meat market are
- Who the domestic key actors are
- In which meat categories EU’s presence is strong
- Potential sub-segments for EU SMEs
- Tips to help your company enter the Japanese market
- Expert’s presentation
- Q&A Session
Speaker: Maths Lundin (Sweden Japan Consulting).
Moderator: Gwenael Beauvais - Business Support Coordinator, EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation
Organiser: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation - Brussels Office
How to register:
- If you are already a member, please log in and then go to the webinar links to register to one or more webinars.
- If you are not yet a member, you will first have to register as a member via: https://www.eubusinessinjapan.eu/user/register and then when your registration request is confirmed, please log in and go to the following link to register to the webinar.
Should you be interested in attending this webinar, feel free to click on the following link: https://www.eubusinessinjapan.eu/events
More information and the registration link are also available here. © Copyright EU-Japan Centre 2020
Content available soon