Seminar on 'Make in India'
In the presence of: Shri Amitabh Kant, Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Government of India and H.E. Mr François Richier, Ambassador of France to India Date: Monday 2nd February 2015 Time: 10.30am - 12.30 pm CET (14.30 - 17.00pm IST)
The Make in India campaign was launched in India by Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi in September 2014 with an aim to promote India as a manufacturing hub and reach out to foreign organisations to set their base in India.
Emphasising the localisation of technologies and processes, fostering innovation, promoting skill development and building a world class manufacturing infrastructure, the 'Make in India' initiative provides a plethora of opportunities for international business, collaboration, and technology transfer.
This event is brought to you by the Indo-French Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IFCCI), in partnership with the European Business and Technology Centre (EBTC) and the European Business Group (EBG).
10.00am CET (14.30pm IST)
Speech by H.E. Mr François Richier, Ambassador of France to India
10.10am CET (14.40pm IST)
Panel Discussion on Make in India:
- Mr Sunand Sharma, Honorary President, IFCCI (Moderator)
- Mr Yves Guillaume, President-India, Airbus Group
- Mr Patrick Rousseau, CEO and Managing Director, Veolia India
- Mr Sumit Sawhney, Country CEO & Managing Director, Renault India
- Mr Laurent Marcel, Managing Director, Danone Nutricia
- Dr Shailesh Ayyangar, Managing Director and Vice President – South Asia, Sanofi India
- Mr Stéphane Lauret, CEO of Safran India
- Mr Anil Chaudhary, Country President and Managing Director, Schneider Electric India
10.50am CET (15.20pm IST)
Keynote Address by Shri Amitabh Kant, Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP), Government of India
11.10am CET (15.40pm IST)