Celtic-Plus call for projects
Do you want to access new markets, technologies, and skills? Do you want to gain recognition through your involvement in an international collaborative R&D project? Do you want to work with partners beyond national borders, develop new products or services, or work on pre-competitive research and development?
Then Celtic-Plus is for you!
Celtic-Plus is an industry-driven European research initiative to define, perform and finance through public and private funding, common R&D projects in the area of telecommunications, new media, future Internet, and applications & services focusing on a new “Smart Connected World” paradigm.
Participation in Celtic-Plus calls offers proposers several unique benefits on top of the public funding. The most important benefits are:
- Proposers are free to define the content of their project proposal according to their own research interests and priorities. Proposers are not bound by a specific call text.
- Celtic-Plus projects are close to the market and have a track record of fast exploitation results after the end of the project. So far the projects have led to more than 600 new or improved products and services.
- High-quality proposals have an excellent chance of receiving funding, with an average success rate of 70 %.
- Are open to any type of company, large industry, small companies, universities and research organisations, even to companies outside the EUREKA countries.
- Are close to market and business needs.
- Can be defined bottom-up, i.e. without the need to follow defined programme objectives. However they must cover ICT related research items.
- Receive public funding, depending on the national funding rules, of up to 50%
- Have a high success rate for labelling (typically 60-70% of submitted proposals will become a running project).
- Have a low management overhead, and can be rather easily adjusted to new project situations.
- Project consortia need to have at least two different partners from two different EUREKA countries (one must be a EUREKA Member Country and one a EUREKA Member Country or a EUREKA Associated Country).
- Are typically between 1 M€ and up to more than 70 M€ in total project budget, and include from 2 to over 50 partners. Typical project duration is between 24 and 36 months.
Ensuring national funding and a smooth process:
- To speed up the funding decision process, each project participant should contact their national funding agency early in the process, and follow their advice regarding national funding applications in parallel to the proposal submission.
- If you wish, you may submit a short proposal abstract (including a short project outline, intended consortium partners/ countries) until one month before the deadline for a first check to the [email protected].
Next Call: 15 October 2018
Please find more on Celtic-Plus calls for projects, eligibility criteria, funding details and other useful information here.