ELIIT Project announces first 15 selected partnerships
The European light industries innovation and technology (ELIIT) Project has announced its first partnerships between textile, clothing, leather and footwear sectors (TLCF) and technology owners/providers.
The 15 successful partnerships, covering Austria, Czechia, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Spain, were selected from the 93 proposals submitted to the first ELIIT call for proposals, which closed on 31 March 2020.
They will enhance TCLF SMEs’ competitiveness while helping them integrate new technologies in innovative or high added-value products, processes or services.
The work of these partnerships will cover the following innovation priorities:
- Advanced digitised manufacturing, value chains and business models
- Smart, high-performance materials
- Circular economy and resource efficiency
- High value-added solutions for attractive growth markets
Each partnership will benefit from:
- €70,000 in financial support to develop products or prototypes with high added-value and profitability
- tailor-made coaching and advice to improve project relevancy and increase capabilities
- networking activities and participation in workshops/conferences and exhibitions to aid market-positioning as well as build business relationships
- intellectual property rights organisation and guidance
The ELIIT Consortium, together with the ELIIT steering board, the Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs as well as the Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME), reviewed the shortlisted partnership proposals, with selections made based on well-developed and transparent criteria, ensuring the right balance of geographic, technological and sectoral diversity.
More information and list of the successful parnerships can be found here.