News on NextGenerationEU: Guidance for the Recovery Plans
Summary of the European Alliance Against Coronavirus Daily Webinar on 21 September 2020
Ulla Engelmann from DG GROW presented to the European Alliance Against Coronavirus newly published information on the NextGenerationEU instruments. The Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF) will be the key tool to turn immediate challenges into long-term opportunities and will be the key instrument of NextGenerationEU. It provides guidance for the Member State to draft their recovery plans – which should be done in a dialogue with the industry and society – and places competitive sustainability based on environment, productivity, macro-economic stability, and fairness at its core.
The RRF defines 7 flagship areas to give ideas for concrete proposals in the recovery plans. These flagship areas are:
- Power up: clean technologies and renewables
- Renovate: energy efficiency of buildings
- Recharge and refuel: sustainable transport and charging stations
- Connect: roll-up of rapid broadband services
- Modernise: digitisation of public administration
- Scale-up: data cloud capacities and sustainable processors
- Reskill and upskill: education and training to support digital skills
Clusters should have an in-depth look into these flagship areas to enter the dialogue with their governments.
A recording of the session is available here.
These are the presentations shown during the meeting:
Further links and information: