EU-Canada Cluster Matchmaking Event
Application process is now closed.
The European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP) organised the EU-Canada Cluster Matchmaking Event 2019 in 5-7 June 2019 in cooperation with the Canadian Superclusters initiative in Toronto, Canada. The overall objective of the event was to foster collaboration between European and Canadian clusters for the benefit of their SME members. This event was designed as a follow-up of the High-Level Cluster Event organised in April 2019 at the Hannover fair, where cooperation between European and Canadian clusters have been initiated.
The EU-Canada Cluster Matchmaking Event was supported by the European Commission, DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW) and the Canadian Innovation, Science and Economic Development Ministry.
- Cluster matchmaking event between European clusters and Canadian clusters
- Group discussion sessions
- Visit to the MaRS Discovery District and the McMaster Innovation Park, headquarters of the Canadian Advanced Manufacturing Supercluster
- Local visits and other activities!
Dates & place: 5-7 June 2019 in Toronto, Canada
The key focus areas for European clusters included the main sectors targeted by the Canadian superclusters, namely:
Sectoral and technological focus:
- Advanced manufacturing, Internet of Things, machine learning, cybersecurity, additive manufacturing, photonics
- Digital technologies, virtual, mixed and augmented reality, data collection and analytics, quantum computing
- Agri-food enabling technologies, including genomics, processing, and information technology
- Artificial intelligence and supply chain technologies, retail, manufacturing, smart transportation, infrastructure
- Blue growth industries, digital sensors and monitoring, autonomous marine vehicles, energy generation, automation, marine biotechnology and marine engineering technologies
Content available soon