EU Cluster Weeks to kick off soon!
The European Commission will launch next month a new awareness-raising and engagement campaign on clusters to support efforts across the EU's regions and Member States. A call for application will be launched for organisations wishing to host national and regional cluster events under the EU Cluster Weeks umbrella during November 2018 and April 2019.
- To help raise awareness of regional and national cluster events and encourage European participation and partnering;
- To increase awareness on the role of clusters and the results they achieve; and
- To collect your feedback on common challenges and what needs to be done to address them in the next generation of regional, national and EU cluster initiatives.
The campaign will support regional or national cluster events happening across the EU under the EU Cluster Weeks umbrella by promoting the events under the European Cluster Collaboration Platform and through the Commission's and the Platform's social media accounts as well as by making available promotional material.
The EU Cluster Weeks will further be an opportunity for you to contribute to the shaping of future cluster initiatives as the campaign will also gather feed-back about the main challenges and needs for action. It will be your chance to Have your Say!
The campaign will be kicked-off with two events that were already identified in advance:
- A joint cluster conference of Romania & Hungary on 20-22 November 2018 and
- The Danish Future Week organised by the Danish cluster community and Cluster Excellence Denmark on 26-30 November 2018 .
The campaign will close at the 6thEuropean Cluster Conference in Bucharest in May 2019, where a consolidated feedback of cluster events will be presented in the presence of European Commissioner Bieńkowska, responsible for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs. The conference will be another opportunity for you to provide feed-back and to jointly discuss the future challenges for clusters in the EU.
More information will be published on the European Cluster Collaboration Platform soon, so stay tuned!