Open Call: Become a Copernicus Hackathon Organiser
Deadline: 11 January 2019 (11:59am CET)
Get EUR 20,000 from the EU to organise a Copernicus Hackathon in your region!
Does your organisation support innovation and entrepreneurs? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you: organise a Copernicus Hackathon. This brand-new initiative, financed by the European Commmission, will bring together developers, entrepreneurs and topic-specific experts to develop new applications based on Copernicus Earth observation (EO) data and services. For each hackathon, the European Commission will finance 85% of your costs, up to EUR 20,000.
What could your Copernicus Hackathon look like?
- Create your own hackathon event format!
- Create an unforgettable training and coding experience with young developers and entrepreneurs
- Choose the thematic area of your hackathon (e.g. agriculture, sustainable development, forestry, raw material…) which best suits your interest
- Ensure that the hackathon is embedded in the local, national and/or European Copernicus eco-system, bringing new players, such as large companies, public authorities, universities and research centres to increase your communication outreach and the quality of the hackathon.
- Involve your partners actively in your event format
Why Copernicus Hackathons?
- Boost the use of Copernicus data and EO in Europe
- Support the development of applications that address societal challenges such as climate change or natural disasters
- Spot the next-generation of space entrepreneurs, and help them get their business off the ground
Please find more details on the call, evaluation criteria, application link here.
Published on Copernicus Hackathons website. © 2019 - Anwendungszentrum GmbH Oberpfaffenhofen