Call to entrepreneurs: apply to join the third edition of BFFood, business accelerator of the food industry
- Nov 23, 2020
The Business Factory Food (BFFood) is a vertical accelerator focused on the food sector which includes two specific support programmes, acceleration and consolidation, designed to leverage projects according to their degree of development. The accelerator is dynamised by the Galicia Food Cluster (Clusaga), and the Galician regional government.
From October 2020 to the 11th January 2021 at 14h CET, the call for the acceleration and consolidation programmes of the third edition of BFFood will be open. Projects selected under this call will receive 9-month integral and specialised support in the food sector in the acceleration programme and a 12-month support in consolidation programme.
Who can apply?
Applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a company with a maximum age of 42 months (to apply to the acceleration programme) or a maximum age of 6 years (to apply to the consolidation programme)
- Commitment to have the social and tax residence of the company in Galicia (Spain)
- Establish the principal place of business in Galicia (Spain)
- Have the intellectual property of the submitted idea/ project, or failing this, have the correspondent rights to use the industrial and/ or intellectual property of third parties.
Which challenges should the projects address?
One of the objectives of BFFood is to give answers to the challenges faced by the food industry. Thus, the projects to be submitted should be aligned with the following challenges:
- Digitisation and automation
- Traceability, quality and food safety
- Sustainability and packaging
- Development of new products
- Process and commercialisation innovation
- Open challenge
- Innovation in front of COVID-19
What does the consolidation programme of BFFood offer?
- Full cycle
- Clear path to Market
The deadline to submit applications to the BFFood third edition is 11th January 2021 at 14h CET.
Applications must be submitted through the following website: https://bffood.gal/en/submit-your-project-proposal
(Take the step and...) Feed your entrepreneurial spirit!