CONTEXT, the European network of experts on advanced textile materials, starts its third Grant Period
- Jun 08, 2020
The European network of experts on advanced textile materials, CONTEXT, has started its third grant period.
CONTEXT is a Cost Action, which started on October 2018 with the aim of joining efforts at European level to facilitate the market uptake of new advanced textile materials, reducing the gap between research and industry.
It is structured in 6 working groups, 5 of them focused on different applications of advanced textile materials: healthcare/medical, automotive and aeronautics, personal protection, building and living, sports and wearables. The sixth group focus is dissemination and communication.
The third grant period, approved by CONTEXT Management Committee, started on 1st May 2020 and will last one year. Main activities foreseen are:
- Management Committee meeting and Working Groups’ meetings in February 2021 in Guimaraes.
- WG1 and WG5 meetings in October 2020 in Paris.
- WG2 and WG3 meetings and conference in April 2021 in Weimar.
- WG4 meeting in September 2020 in Brixen.
- Training School in November 2020 in Prato, focused on textile technologies.
- Launch of 2 calls for STSMs (10 grants).
- Launch of 2 calls for conferences (2 grants).
CONTEXT Management Committee recently approved the admission of a new country to the network, Norway. With this new entrance, CONTEXT has reached a total of 35 countries involved in the European continent, gathering more than 250 experts.
The network is open to all professionals in the field of research, companies, clusters and end users, who can participate in the different activities organised.