Outcomes of DIGI-B-CUBE webinars in May-June
- Jun 23, 2020
- Tanvir Singh Badwal
In the past couple of months, the DIGI-B-CUBE project (https://digibcube.eu/) organised a series of webinars addressing various aspects ranging from new funding opportunities for SMEs, deep-tech revolution in the post- COVID stage, new solutions for clinical research and treatment, etc. While the webinars had an average attendance of more than 60 participants, the participants represented over 15 countries.
On the 14th of May, secpho together with Business Upper Austria organised a webinar on new solutions for digital health to present several technological approaches to support the development of telemedicine and other e-health trends. During this international event, with more than 70 participants from 15 countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, and Turkey) we discussed application of voice technologies for medical professionals, mobile robotics and thermal cameras for telemedicine, ingestible capsules for phototherapy, mobile apps for patient monitoring and platforms for healthcare management, and blockchain for biobanks.
Webinar recording link: https://bit.ly/2Ca6Pff
The second webinar in May was organised on 28th by SPI with the support of partners Ci3 – Cluster for Individualized Immune Intervention, Secpho and Business Upper Austria, to promote and discuss funding opportunities for SMEs to support projects focusing on integrating digital innovations and disruptive technologies across the Medical Diagnostics and related value chains. Vouchers (Prototyping and Customised Solution Innovation Voucher) unveiled by the Open Call launched on 22nd April were introduced and explained as part of this webinar.
Webinar recording link: https://youtu.be/yy_pTeJ2IOs
One of the two webinars conducted on June 4 was the one on “New solutions for clinical research, diagnostics and treatment” organised by the DIGI-B-CUBE project partners Business Upper Austria and secpho along with other European clusters in order to promote the most innovative processes and products in clinical research, diagnosis, treatment of European SMEs and provide matchmaking opportunities for companies which want to increase their competitiveness by working on collaborative projects.
Webinar recording link: https://youtu.be/uhjERlFnkPw
INFOPOLE, a cluster based in Belgium and also one of the DIGI-B-CUBE partners, organised the second webinar on the same day. Titled as “INFOPOLE On Tour”, this meeting had 3 mains objectives:
- Presentation of the challenges identified by the Neuro Psychiatric Center Saint-Martin
- Exchanges around digital solutions and pitches of INFOPOLE members
- Presentation of the DIGI-B-CUBE call for projects and funding avenues
Through this webinar, INFOPOLE connected the hospital with interdisciplinary IT experts. Furthermore, two projects related to the early diagnosis of psychoses will certainly be submitted as part of the DIGI-B-CUBE project.
Outcomes and lessons
- Examples of innovation challenges faced by SMEs (including new start-ups) operating in the health, medicine, biotech, biopharma, IT, or related sectors (robotics, automation, electronics, nanotech, etc.) were discussed.
- The webinars not only promoted discussions on the most disruptive solutions for digital health, they also provided matchmaking opportunities for companies to increase their competitiveness by working on collaborative projects.
- Doubts in regard to DIGI-B-CUBE voucher-based funding scheme under EU regulations; SMEs eligibility; thus, application and evaluation processes, were clarified.
- Participants searching for partners to apply for DIGI-B-CUBE calls for proposals were provided guidance as part of this webinar.
- Insights into user requirements and supporting evaluation systems, as well as other fields of application were given.
DIGI-B-CUBE Open Call
DIGI-B-CUBE project launched an open call for funding on 22nd April 2020, to support projects focusing on integrating digital innovations and disruptive technologies across the Medical Diagnostics and related value chains. Small and Medium Enterprises (including new start-ups) operating in the health, medicine, biotech, biopharma, IT or related sectors (robotics, automation, electronics, nanotech etc.) can apply for equity-free funding up to €60,000 through the DIGI-B-CUBE voucher scheme.
More information: https://digibcube.eu/open-calls/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): https://digibcube.eu/faq