Signature of the EACN European Automotive Cluster Network Agreement
- Jun 02, 2017
The cluster organizations Automotive-bw (Germany), Bayern Innovativ (Germany), the Clúster de la Indústria d'Automoció de Catalunya (Spain), Galician Automotive Cluster (Spain), European Automotive Strategy Network (The Netherlands), Automotive Cluster Bulgaria (Bulgaria), Pôle Véhicle du Futur (France), the Automobile Cluster Serbia (Serbia) and the Silesia Automotive & Advanced Manufacturing Cluster (Poland) have joined the European Automotive Cluster Network (EACN). These clusters represent a total number of more than 1.400 member companies and research institutes, of which more than half are SMEs. EACN cluster members employ more than 300.000 people.
EACN pursuits the following objectives:
- Cooperate and exchange as clusters,
- Generate and/or increase confidence between the partner clusters and their members to stimulate cooperation and businesses,
- Initiate common collaboration projects,
- Share and mutualise the financial impact and risk of new tools and solutions to common problems of members,
- Apply for the ESCP Smart Specialisation Label.
EACN primarily focusses on the field of Industry 4.0 – Factory of the Future – Industrial modernisation with the following four strategic domains:
- Product: new materials, new vehicle concepts, etc.
- Production: additive manufacturing, supply chain optimization, etc.
- Process: digitalisation, new and innovative production tools, etc.
- People: working environment, training/education, skills 4.0 and re-talenting to meet the skills gap, etc.