Successful benchmarking trip in Mexico for Cosmetics4Wellbeing european consortium
- May 16, 2019
Review of the Cosmetics4Wellbeing bench-marking trip to establish itself on the Mexican market
Within the framework of Cosmetics4Wellbeing project, co-funded by the COSME programme of the European Commission, the consortium of 5 European organizations dealing with cosmetics, together with 8 companies, took part of a bench-marking trip to discover the Mexican cosmetics market, from 25th to 28th of February, 2019. The delegation benefitted from an intensive 3 days programme dedicated to meetings with key players, Mexican companies and distributors and to site visits.
- We got the chance to meet with main actors of the sectors to get a full undertsanding of the sector landscape : CANIPEC (National Chamber of Cosmetic), COFEPRIS (the Federal Commision for the Protection against sanitary risk), etc...
- Get a full understanding of the ccoperation landscape between Mexico and the European Union, thanks to the presentation of the commercial advisor at the delegation of the European Union in Mexico
- Study the success case of MUSTELA french brand (baby skin care products) successfull commercial establishment in Mexico.
- Sites visits to analyse the retail system - what are the best channels to be used?
- Undertand what are the does and donts in term of tax, regulation, interculturality.
Read the full report of our 360° tour of the mexican market, allowing to go back to Europa with many ideas and next steps to implement internationalization strategy toward mexican market.