Successful benchmarking trip in Mexico for Cosmetics4Wellbeing european consortium
- Mar 10, 2019
Last week Cosmetics4Wellbeing european cosmetics clusters consortium brought 14 people (SMES and cluster representative) to a benchmakring trip to Mexico, with one objective : get to know the local cosmetics market.
3 days of an intense program to reach this objective :
- We got the chance to meet with main actors of the sectors to get a full undertsanding of the sector landscape : CANIPEC (National Chamber of Cosmetic), COFEPRIS (the Federal Commision for the Protection against sanitary risk)
- Get a full understanding of political landscape and cooperation with Europe thanks to the presentation of the commercial advisor at the delegation of the European Union in Mexico
- Study the success case of MUSTELA french brand (baby skin care products) implantation in Mexico.
- Visit and see how retail work in Mexico and what are the best channels to use to distribute our products.
- Undertand what are the does and donts in term of tax, regulation, interculturality.
A 360° tour of the mexican market, allowing to go back to Europa with many ideas and next steps to implement internationalization strategy toward mexican market.