1st ECCA conference: Circular Economy - a global challenge for construction industry
- Jan 10, 2017
Construction industry is facing a number of challenges due to new technologies, high environmental, social and economical requirements, up and downs of the world and national economies. Circular economy brings additional ones requiring higher resource efficiency, new strategic thinking, value chain collaboration and business models, new collaborative developments, cooperation with others sectors and across borders. The conference aims to show that this is an opportunity for new development, growth and sustainability of the sector.
Organized by European Circular Construction Alliance - Adopting Circular Economy for internationalization and global competitiveness of European SMEs in Building and Construction:
- Construction Cluster of Slovenia, Slovenia
- Baltic Cluster sEaNERGIA, Poland
- Sustainable Building Cluster of the Canary Islands, Spain
Agenda - 1st announcement
8.00-9.00 Registration of attendees
9.00 - 10.15 Circular Economy in construction sector – challenges and opportunities
- Opening speach (representative of the circular economy practitioneer or policy maker other top in the field) (tbc)
- Riccardo Viaggi, European Builders federation, secretary general ( title to be confirmed)
- Inter-ministerial working group on green development of Slovenia, Republic of Slovenia - Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning (speaker to be confirmed)
- Vladimir Gumilar, Construction cluster of Slovenia, ECCA presentation
10.15-10.30 Coffee break
10.30 -12.00 Circular economy implementation – best practices
This part of the conference is aimed to present the best practices and examples of implementation of circular economy projects and activities. Up to six presenters will be invited to present their experiences and results at the conference. The rest will be able to present posters, or present their activities within different matchmaking and workshop activities on the conference.
All ECCA partners, supporting organization are invited to send us best practices and outcomes of project aiming the implementation of circular economy principle. These presentations should be structured as follows:
- Partners and industrial sectors involved in the project
- Objectives and results (impacts) achieved in regard the CE principle implementation
- Overview of the work done, which CE basic business models (regenerate, share, optimize, loop, virtualize, exchange) has been implemented and how
- Graphical (pictures, figures…) together with title and tags (to be used for web presentation)
- Technology readiness level of the solution, options for exploitation and internationalization
- Contact organization and person (email)
Please send the presentations to firstname.lastname@example.org until 23rd of December 2016.
All presentations received and prepared as required will be included in ECCA Conference booklet or proceedings, published on ECCA website and promoted within ECCA communication activities.
12.00-13.00 Working lunch
Based on the identified interest for collaboration in Circular Construction, and particular topics and competences identified in second ECCA survey, the Circular Construction task groups focusing on particular circular construction solution will be initiated. The lunch will be used for the first meeting of these groups, to know the partners involved, their competences and interests.
13.00 -14.30 Circular construction task groups` workshops
The aim of the workshop is to draft an inter-cluster circular construction solutions and inter-sector consortia (clusters and their SME/members, supporting organization, other stakeholders) to implement this solution, bring it to the market and go international. The workshop will be moderated by a task group leader. The following outcomes are expected: circular construction solution outline, targeted markets, ECCA inter-cluster consortia definition, vision and objective, draft road map for the implementation, needed partners from EU/third countries, including clusters/organisations from other clusters or industrial sectors, needed join and support activities and services.
14.30 -15.00 Conference summary