EU-Brazil matchmaking mission on “Solid Waste Management”, October 2016 - Deadline extended for application!
The CALL FOR APPLICATIONS for the EU-financed matchmaking mission on “Solid Waste Management” will be officially opened from July 4th through August 14th (Deadline extended!).
Low Carbon Business Action Brazil has identified the technological routes and business potentials for European small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the Brazilian Solid Waste Management (SWM) market, both for technology and service providers with the aim to promote joint businesses. Please find below detailed information about technology needs for waste management in Brazil.
The Matchmaking mission is being organized in coordination with Sebrae (Serviço Brasileiro de Apoio à Micro e Pequena Empresa), CNI (Confederação Nacional da Indústria) and ABRELPE (Associação Brasileira de Empresas de Limpeza Pública), on the premises of FIMAI Ecomondo International Trade Fair (http://fimai.com.br ).Selected SMEs will have 80% of travel and accommodation costs reimbursed by the EU action.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
From July 4 – August 7
We would kindly ask you to replicate/forward this CALL to potential beneficiary SMEs in your country´s networks and sector organisations.
If you have any questions, please get in touch through the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Support the establishment of business relations/deals (export/import, joint-ventures, operational agreements etc) with Brazilian counterparts that operate in the Waste Management Sector in order to promote resource-efficient processes and the use of low carbon technologies.
- Equipment for separate waste collection: Mechanized systems, social technologies and mixed systems
- Equipment for waste separation, separation of recyclables: Mechanized and automated systems
- Upgrading of manual sorting systems, social technologies, mixed systems with equipment for mechanization and automation
- Monitoring, tracking, supervision, and communication of collection systems, routing, accounting and balance of material flows, ICT tools
- Aerobic composting: Equipment for mechanization and/or automation
- Mechanical Biological Treatment: Equipment for mechanization and/or automation
- Composting and Mechanical Biological Treatment: Monitoring/metering equipment, process management and supervision
- Upgrading of dry recyclables as input materials for production processes (plastics, paper, metals, glass)
- Recovery of resource materials and precious metals of electro electronic equipment (WEEE)
- Upgrading of construction and demolition debris as input materials for civil construction
- Co-processing of solid waste in kilns and Refuse Derived Fuels (RDF)
- Production processes using secondary raw materials / conditioned recyclable materials
AGENDA - a draft agenda of the matchmaking programme will be provided/published soon at www.lowcarbonbrazil.com
Content available soon