ENRICH in the USA launches its Smart City-Focused Tour
- Aug 27, 2019
Call for Applications
ENRICH In the USA Smart City-focused Tour
November 11– 15, 2019
A pilot service offered by ENRICH in the USA.
Call closes: October 08, 2019 – 23h59 CET
ENRICH in the USA is launching a Smart City-Focused Tour in Dallas, Texas to assist European Union and Horizon 2020 Associated Countries smart city stakeholders in connecting to early adopters, and/or finding an ideal US demonstration site for relevant solutions in urban IoT infrastructure serving massive populations. This Smart City-Focused Tour, hosted by the ENRICH in the USA Smart City Landing Hub (https://usa.enrichcentres.eu/enrich-usa-smart-city-landing-hub), provides European stakeholders access to one of the nation’s few “living labs” for IoT and other smart technologies. The Hub is an ideal entrée point for the many EU-based smart city innovations to make immediate customer traction in the US.
The Tour will enable participants to have “backstage” access to regional infrastructure initiatives currently deployed to assist smart city applications in the US’s most comprehensive smart city plan, which includes the areas of deployment of:
- Citizen Engagement/Services;
- Equitable/Inclusive Access;
- Public Health/Healthcare;
- Public Safety; and
- Sustainability/Environmental Monitoring
Participants will have unprecedented access to tour stops of major corporate and local government operations supporting these initiatives. Furthermore, the Tour host will foster custom connections for participants with renowned stakeholders such as AT&T, Cisco, IBM, and DFW International Airport. The Tour is ideal for smart city-interested stakeholders from research, innovation, and/or business organizations from the EU, ideally C-level or executives from departments covering R&D, Engineering, Product Development, Manufacturing, Operations, Business Development and/or Finances. Government officials, cluster coordinators, and/or other smart city specialization experts from the EU seeking a “sister city” from another federal government for their research and innovation stakeholders to collaborate with, are also welcome to foster connections from the Tour.
This Tour will be held November 11 - 15, 2019, and is also on-demand for groups of 12 or more outside of the November timeframe. This service gives you the opportunity to:
- Meet with potential customers and secure real-world demonstration sites in a breadth of smart city applications
- Gain a rare understanding to the procurement processes and cycles of a, largely populated urban government customer acquiring smart city technologies within in the US
- Make introductions to and procure networking opportunities to strategic corporate stakeholders and government officials who deployed the smart city initiatives of the Dallas region, and investors integral to the US smart cities/IoT market
- Fully leverage ENRICH in the USA as this Tour/concept is not offered anywhere else in the US, nor is there a publicly accessible, organized tour of similar initiatives elsewhere in the US
More info available here