DIGI-B-CUBE Sectoral Workshop: Photonics in the health sector
- Sep 19, 2019
Photonic technologies currently have multiple applications in the medical field, such as the detection and treatment of diseases, biomedical imaging or advanced surgery. Its great portability at low cost and guarantee of sterilization that provides the light, gives them a strategic position in the health environment.
If you want to discover how photonic technologies will revolutionize the health sector in the 21st century, you should not miss the Innovation Workshop organized by secpho in collaboration with the Innovation Platform in Medical and Health Technologies (ITEMAS).
This workshop is embedded in the framework of the European Project DIGI-B-CUBE, that aims to establish a cross-border and cross-sectoral ecosystem that combines digital innovations from the IT sector with three key important industries (Bioimaging, Biosensing and Biobanking) within the health sector.
It will be a unique opportunity for health professionals and researchers of health research centers to establish synergies with industry companies and photonics professionals who can bring new perspectives to research projects and, together with the health approach, provide comprehensive and very competitive solutions in the market. This co-creation workshop will offer a space for health and photonic professionals to explore their potential to create collaborative innovation projects and will open the doors to new collaborations and competitive funding opportunities for their innovation projects with photonic technologies, using the capabilities and resources available in the private sector.
Doctors and researchers from transfer and research units who want to launch entrepreneurial innovation projects to carry out new ideas that include the use of photonic technologies (sensors, lasers, advanced lighting, etc.) applied to: Diagnosis, Treatment and / or Management / Logistics.
Agenda | October 3
15.15 Reflections and challenges within the health sector
- The way to innovate: Challenges that a SME must take into account to innovate in the health sector (testimonials tbc)
15.30 Overview: photonic technologies in the healthcare and research environment.
- A photonics company vs. a medical instrumentation company that uses photonics | David Castrillo, Hamamatsu Photonics
- 3 moments of use: White laser in the healthcare field | Ismael Almazán, FYLA
- Optical tweezers in biomedical research | Oriol Nós, Impetux
- Photonic technologies for the study of disease development and the monitoring of its treatment | Martina Giovannella, ICFO
- Challenges of photonics technology | Josep Maria Serres, eurecat
- Spectral control of light. New applications for the care and service of people in healthcare settings | Pablo Garzón, ledmotive
16.45 Panel Discussion (moderated by Secpho and with the participation of a total of 4 speakers)
If you are interested in attending this event, please click here to sign up.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 824920. This publication reflects only the author's view and that the Agency and the Commission are not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.