Learning Expedition in Future Foodtech US
- Apr 20, 2017
In a few years, San Francisco has become the laboratory for all these new technologies, solutions and models that anticipate tomorrow's uses and business, from field to fork.
10 food companies (SMEs and larger groups), half of them members of Valorial, participated to the learning expedition organized by the French accelerator of Foodtech, Shakeupfactory, with the main objectives
- to understand and to look for connections with the ecosystem of the Californian Foodtech
- to be inspired by the management of innovation already in place in the Silicon Valley
- to identify some of the most disruptive segments of Foodtech : Traceability and Food safety, Sustainable and Alternative proteins, Superfood, Services to consumers…
In the Silicon Valley, the delegation met all the Foodtech actors : disruptive startups, funders, networking makers… allowing us to measure the impact of open innovation and resources mutualisation in the Foodtech acceleration such as identify potential partners:
- Kitchen town: Food FabLab where startups can rent production facilities and expertise’s to initiate their project
- IndieBio: Biotech accelerator
- The Mixing Bowl: Cluster connecting Food, Agriculture and IT innovators
- RocketSpace campus (Uber, Spotify…): A range of services dedicated to innovation with a personalized coaching of Corporates and Startups.
Combination of Food and Technologies, Foodtech is more than just an issue. It has really to be considered as a revolution in the innovation strategy of food companies. And for us, as food clusters, a wide source of inspiration for the implementation phase of the New Frontiers In Food project.