SLA Ready workshop
- Nov 02, 2016
- Andrei Kelemen
The workshop, organised by the EC-funded project SLA-Ready in partnership with ClujIT, targets organisations in Romania and the Cluj region who have to sign a Cloud contract with a cloud service provider and cannot afford legal or security experts to guide them through critical aspects.
Informative and easy-to-follow guidelines take participants through the cloud service lifecycle, from signing the contract to terminating it with special attention to cloud service level agreements. Participants will come away with insightful and practical 360° view, whether they are new to the cloud or already using it in their organisation.
WORKSHOP AGENDA | REGISTER HERE
9:00 - 9:30 Registration & welcome coffee
9:30 - 9:40 Welcome & Workshop introduction from ClujIT (Speaker: Andrei Kelemen, ClujIT)
9:40 - 11:00 Getting to grips with a Service Level Agreement and how SLA-Ready can help (Chair: Nick Ferguson, Trust-IT Services & SLA-Ready): Cloud can offer many advantages to companies in terms of efficiency and cost savings. But what challenges do cloud customers face when taking a leap of faith and signing a cloud service level agreement? This session opening session looks at real-life experiences of doing just this and provides and overview of how SLA-Ready services can help you make more-informed decisions.
- 9:40 – 09:55 Are you SLA-Ready? (Nick Ferguson, Trust-IT Services & SLA-Ready): This presentation looks at some of the challenges facing cloud customers when signing up for cloud services and how the SLA-Ready Common Reference Model and services can help cloud customers identify priorities, create check-lists and make the right decisions when signing a Service Level Agreement.
- 9:55 - 10:20 Roundtable Your experiences in signing a cloud SLA Lightning talks from two cloud customers focussing on their experience of selecting and signing a cloud SLA that matched their requirements. SLA-Ready partners provide feedback based on the speakers’ experiences and completion of the SLA-Aid.
- 10:20 - 11:00 Break-out session: Participants break-out into small groups and complete the SLA-Aid tool. Participants are invited to discuss recommendations. Workshop hosts guide and support participants in completing the SLA-Aid tool.
11:00 - 11:30 Networking Break
11:30 - 13:00
- 11:30 - 11:45 What we learned: Feedback and open questions on Break-out sessions (Chair: Arthur's Legal representative)
- 11:45 - 12:05 A Legal & pragmatic approach on Cloud Services and SLA Essentials. (Speaker: Arthur's Legal representative): A journey through essential and strategic legal topics of Cloud Services and SLAs. Participants will come away from this session with a better understanding of the most important legal aspects of Cloud Services and related SLAs, and how to use Cloud Services and SLAs as an enabler. This presentation will outline some practical use cases from the legal perspective about customer-provider obligations, data protection, compliance and legal clauses when signing an SLA.
- 12:05 - 12:25 What do the new General Data Protection Regulations mean for European SMEs (Speaker: Arthur's Legal representative)): With the new European General Data Protection Regulations coming into force in the next two years, both cloud providers and cloud customers need to understand how to comply and what their responsibilities are. As consumers get more wise about privacy issues, companies need to consider this in their services and data collection. Similarly, when outsourcing cloud services, what responsibilities do cloud customers have in terms of ensuring client data is protected.
- 12:25 - 13:00 Take-Aways and final considerations: Roundtable and Open floor: In this final session, the floor is open for questions and further debate with our speakers and Break-out chairs.
13:00 - 14:00 Workshop Close & Networking Lunch
14:00 - 15:00 Consultation with workshop speakers
Not able to attend, but nevertheless interested? We have set up a webinas session for remote participation. Please register here: https://www.hypertalk.net/open_webinar_invite.php?mid=c678aec6e828c899b3...