I had the pleasure of participating in the first #TechDays, a EU-South MED Cluster matchmaking event that took place in Casablanca, Morocco. It has been a great experience attending the three-day Techdays event on behalf of The Cluster of Mechatronics Tunisia, where I met many experienced, intelligent and sharp international cluster managers and field experts. I think this event was very well organized and very successful. I fully enjoyed engaging in constructive group discussion sessions and learning about the clusters. A very informative workshop session was delivered by Mr Alain Tubiana - an international expert and consultant on cluster management, on how to develop successful C2C cooperation between South MED countries.
Maroua Nouira, Communication Officer at Novation City The Competitiveness Pole of Sousse (Cluster Mechatronic Tunisie)
EU-South MED Cluster Matchmaking Event & TechDays
EU - South MED Cluster Matchmaking Event & TechDays
The European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP) and THE NEXT SOCIETY (TNS) organised the EU - South MED Cluster Matchmaking Event & TechDays on 9-11 April 2019 in Casablanca, Morocco. The overall objective of the event was to facilitate contacts and collaboration between EU clusters access and clusters from South-Mediterranean countries (including Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine).
The event gathered the participation of 17 European clusters and two SMEs from eight countries (Austria, Bulgaria, France, Hungary, Latvia, Romania, Serbia and Spain), which met with representatives of 22 clusters from Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine. These clusters represented different sectors incuding: Transport and logistics, agriculture and food industry, energy and environment, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and mechatronics and textile.
During this three-day event, the cluster delegates had the opportunity to participate in the following activities:
- Cluster matchmaking event between European clusters and clusters from Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine, where 150 C2C formal meetings took place.
- A workshop on “How to do business between Europe and South MED: The seven main things about South MED countries to develop a successful C2C cooperation", provided by Mr. Alain Tubiana (Alain Tubiana, international expert in cluster management and South MED region, gnomon, cluster management and collaborative innovation consulting).
- A workshop titled "Clusters in Maghreb, between globalisation and territorialisation", provided by Ms. Paulette Pommier (Associated Expert, IPEMED).
- A workshop on "Industry 4.0 – Case Study on MASCiR", provided by François Bourzeix (Embedded Systems Department Manager, MAScIR)
- Visit to LOGISMED 2019 – 8th Edition of the Transport and Logistics International Salon for Africa and Mediterranean.
- Visits to MASCiR, ESITH and CTI.
Additional information can be found at: https://eu-south-med-cluster-matchmaking2019.b2match.io/