EU-South MED Cluster Matchmaking Event & TechDays
EU - South MED Cluster Matchmaking Event & TechDays
Call for Expression of Interest closed since 10 February 2019
In the context of the LOGISMED Fair
The European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP) and THE NEXT SOCIETY (TNS) organised the EU - South MED Cluster Matchmaking Event & TechDays on 9-11 April 2019 in Casablanca, Morocco. The overall objective of the event was to facilitate contacts and collaboration between EU clusters access and clusters from South-Mediterranean countries (including Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine).
The event gathered the participation of 17 European clusters and two SMEs from eight countries (Austria, Bulgaria, France, Hungary, Latvia, Romania, Serbia and Spain), which met with representatives of 22 clusters from Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine. These clusters represented different sectors incuding: Transport and logistics, agriculture and food industry, energy and environment, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and mechatronics and textile.
During this three-day event, the cluster delegates had the opportunity to participate in the following activities:
- Cluster matchmaking event between European clusters and clusters from Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine, where more than 150 C2C meetings took place.
- A workshop on “How to do business between Europe and South MED: The seven main things about South MED countries to develop a successful C2C cooperation", provided by Mr. Alain Tubiana (Alain Tubiana, international expert in cluster management and South MED region, gnomon, cluster management and collaborative innovation consulting).
- A workshop titled "Clusters in Maghreb, between globalisation and territorialisation", provided by Ms. Paulette Pommier (Associated Expert, IPEMED).
- A workshop on "Industry 4.0 – Case Study on MASCiR", provided by François Bourzeix (Embedded Systems Department Manager, MAScIR)
- Visit to LOGISMED 2019 – 8th Edition of the Transport and Logistics International Salon for Africa and Mediterranean.
- Visits to MASCiR, ESITH and CTI.
Additional information can be found at: https://eu-south-med-cluster-matchmaking2019.b2match.io/
Content available soon