Last minute opportunity to get support to attend the SXSW Interactive Festival in Austin, USA
During the Interactive Festival part of SXSW, innovative companies from all over the world meet, market their innovations, attend pitch sessions, learn from a huge variety of events, and make critical connections.
Last year, for the first time, IC² Institute was able to obtain grant funding to bring several start-up enterprises from Europe to SXSW. This funding covered their airfare, hotel, SXSW badges, training at IC² about making the most of SXSW, and entrance to a couple other highly-selective networking events. The grant funding covered about $4,000 of costs per participant, but the value was judged by participating companies to be many times that cost. Companies only had to cover their own transportation around Austin, meals, and incidentals.
This year, the IC² Institute received more grant funding—enough to offer about three more companies the same package they offered last year : 1 spot left for a French company and 2 for Czech companies.
To apply, email debra[at]ic2.utexas.edu by December 17, 2018
The Institute will make final decisions on grants by Friday, December 21.
The SXSW Interactive Festival is March 8-12, 2019. Company awards will include
- An international flight allowance, for roundtrip flights, Europe-Austin, March 7-13
- 6 hotel nights, March 7-13 (Note that the hotel is in northwest Austin; participants are responsible for their own transportation to downtown Austin.)
- An entrance badge to SXSW Interactive (worth $1,225)
- Admission to MeatUp® an exclusive networking event
- Training at IC² Institute—on delivering effective pitches during SXSW and making the most of the SXSW opportunity
- Companies must agree to provide IC² Institute with survey information on their experience at SXSW.